Skip to content

Several of our Minnesota Pioneer EDA members have contacted our office and requested a “travel/work permit” that they may use to identify their employee as a critical or essential worker.  The premise is that the document would be provided to the employee and, in the event the employee is pulled over by law enforcement while traveling, the employee may present the document to law enforcement and then continue on their way.

We are not aware of any government agency in MN, SD, or ND that has issued, or suggested, any type of “permit.”  However, in response to our members’ requests, we have developed the attached “Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker Designation” document.  Members may use and/or edit this document as they deem prudent.  If members do use this approach we would suggest printing the letter on your company letterhead.

As you know, the COVID-19 related developments are changing by the hour.  If “travel permits” do become mandated, we will be sure to immediately inform our members. Please let us know if you have any questions.

COVID-19 Dealer Protections Federal Legislation Lemon Law Minnesota North Dakota R2R South Dakota